I have been using the DAS DynaPara on my Grand Piano libraries and Romplers for a while now and just couldn't get the 2.5k and 5k freq.'s to really sustain the way that a real acoustic instrument needs. So I broke out every EQ I could get my hands on, and even tried the SL9000 and X-Channel but still wasn't quite there.
I tried the A550 S on other GSIF and ASIO stuff and due to the lack of a Q parameter, shelved it. But I tried it again tonight and found it is perfect for Grand Pianos.
Most sampled content already comes EQ'd and mastered to some degree, and only in a mix might need a cut around 4K.
But this EQ is a serious scalpel.
Anyone having trouble w/ acoustic Pianos should give it a try, it is extremely transparent and adds zero coloring.
I always thought having so many EQ's was a waste, but in this case a previously shelved EQ has become the Tool du Jour.
DAS A550 EQ
-
dawman
- Posts: 14368
- Joined: Sun Jul 24, 2005 4:00 pm
- Location: PROJECT WINDOW
-
dawman
- Posts: 14368
- Joined: Sun Jul 24, 2005 4:00 pm
- Location: PROJECT WINDOW
Re: DAS A550 EQ
Thanks Bro but I inherited some Vintage 5 Dollar coins made in late 1800's from the Carson City mint, so I won't be buying Gold but rather selling it........
I will also donate some of the profits to John Cooper if it will help eliminate your Piss Poor jokes................sorry...no pun intended.
I will also donate some of the profits to John Cooper if it will help eliminate your Piss Poor jokes................sorry...no pun intended.
- nightscope
- Posts: 686
- Joined: Tue Aug 21, 2007 4:24 pm
- Location: UK
- pollux
- Posts: 503
- Joined: Fri May 28, 2004 4:00 pm
- Location: France
Re: DAS A550 EQ
Jimmy was replying to an (erased) spam post about WOW gold for sale 
- kylie
- Rank-o-phile
- Posts: 2130
- Joined: Tue Jul 25, 2006 4:00 pm
- Location: Dresden / Germany
Re: DAS A550 EQ
ah yes, I already wondered what he was referring to...pollux wrote:Jimmy was replying to an (erased) spam post about WOW gold for sale
--
I'm sorry, but my karma just ran over your dogma.
I'm sorry, but my karma just ran over your dogma.
-
dawman
- Posts: 14368
- Joined: Sun Jul 24, 2005 4:00 pm
- Location: PROJECT WINDOW
Re: DAS A550 EQ
In case the IRS is snooping around................sorry I was lying.
Other than that...it's a great EQ.
Other than that...it's a great EQ.