What to do with the SL9000 channel strip ?
- dante
- Posts: 5089
- Joined: Sat Nov 24, 2001 4:00 pm
- Location: Melbourne Australia
- Contact:
What to do with the SL9000 channel strip ?
Well having sung the praises of the SLL mixer in Prophead Record, and now having upgraded to Scope 5 the strip is there ! And I figure its gotta sound better than the one running native.
Problem is, its only the strip. On 12 DSP I can barely load up an STM2448 and 22 of these strips. Has anyone used these strips to make a full mixer ( it doesnt seem to come up as an option in STM insert slots, unless Im missing something ).
Other than that, Id be interested to know what r ppl doing with it ? an input pre for recording ? other...
Problem is, its only the strip. On 12 DSP I can barely load up an STM2448 and 22 of these strips. Has anyone used these strips to make a full mixer ( it doesnt seem to come up as an option in STM insert slots, unless Im missing something ).
Other than that, Id be interested to know what r ppl doing with it ? an input pre for recording ? other...
View ScopeRise latest issue at www.hitfoundry.com
-
Liquid EDGE
- Posts: 1224
- Joined: Sun Apr 04, 2004 4:00 pm
- Location: Brighton England
- Contact:
Re: What to do with the SL9000 channel strip ?
Well last night i used it as a pre for recording a vocal. Not what it was intended for (did think that as it is stereo, used the left of it for when i used it last night). Over on Xited.org i'm told it was originally made for recording drums.dante wrote:Id be interested to know what r ppl doing with it ? an input pre for recording ? other...
- dante
- Posts: 5089
- Joined: Sat Nov 24, 2001 4:00 pm
- Location: Melbourne Australia
- Contact:
Re: What to do with the SL9000 channel strip ?
Yeah thanks liquid, I saw your post over at XITED... was meaning to add my 5 cents worth there as well.
I guess thats the answer I was looking for, eg that ppl were using it as a pre, rather than trying to make a full mixing desk out of it.
I guess thats the answer I was looking for, eg that ppl were using it as a pre, rather than trying to make a full mixing desk out of it.
- at0m
- Posts: 4744
- Joined: Sat Jun 30, 2001 4:00 pm
- Location: Bubble Metropolis
- Contact:
Re: What to do with the SL9000 channel strip ?
Hoi Dante,dante wrote:[...]doesnt seem to come up as an option in STM insert slots[...]
Are the files in the correct path, as per cset.ini? Here's from my config:
- [StaticPath]
Effects=D:\Scope5/Devices/FX/
Hope this helps,
at0m.
more has been done with less
https://soundcloud.com/at0m-studio
https://soundcloud.com/at0m-studio
- dante
- Posts: 5089
- Joined: Sat Nov 24, 2001 4:00 pm
- Location: Melbourne Australia
- Contact:
Re: What to do with the SL9000 channel strip ?
Ok thanks Atom. I sussed the problem. The channel I was trying to select the SL9000 in to was mono, so of course the effect didnt show up. Now I changed it to Stereo, and of course it shows .... DOH !!!
But thanks to you I fiddled and found out what the problem was..
But thanks to you I fiddled and found out what the problem was..
- dante
- Posts: 5089
- Joined: Sat Nov 24, 2001 4:00 pm
- Location: Melbourne Australia
- Contact:
Re: What to do with the SL9000 channel strip ?
If anyone can tell me what the 6 buttons shown do on the SL9000, I'd be grateful. Ive played around but have no idea what the abreviations mean except DYN and EQ.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
-
w_ellis
- Posts: 579
- Joined: Wed Nov 07, 2001 4:00 pm
- Location: Berlin, Germany
Re: What to do with the SL9000 channel strip ?
Last page here will tell all: http://www.digitalaudiosoft.com/plugins ... 0-C350.PDF
- dante
- Posts: 5089
- Joined: Sat Nov 24, 2001 4:00 pm
- Location: Melbourne Australia
- Contact:
Re: What to do with the SL9000 channel strip ?
Cool... Thanks for that. So they are a choice of routing algorithms ...
-
w_ellis
- Posts: 579
- Joined: Wed Nov 07, 2001 4:00 pm
- Location: Berlin, Germany
Re: What to do with the SL9000 channel strip ?
Exactly. I've not really delved into it in any more detail, but certainly intend to try it out at some point.
- dante
- Posts: 5089
- Joined: Sat Nov 24, 2001 4:00 pm
- Location: Melbourne Australia
- Contact:
Re: What to do with the SL9000 channel strip ?
Well I will try nut it out and if I can add value to existing doco might be a scoperise article in it....
- at0m
- Posts: 4744
- Joined: Sat Jun 30, 2001 4:00 pm
- Location: Bubble Metropolis
- Contact:
Re: What to do with the SL9000 channel strip ?
[edit: started this post before I had to go out for a while, and in the meanwhile the link to DAS was posted above. Posting just some links now:]
http://www.solid-state-logic.com/music/ ... alogue.asp
http://www.soundonsound.com/sos/feb04/articles/ssl.htm
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pMK57VDmxfA
http://www.solid-state-logic.com/music/ ... alogue.asp
http://www.soundonsound.com/sos/feb04/articles/ssl.htm
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pMK57VDmxfA
more has been done with less
https://soundcloud.com/at0m-studio
https://soundcloud.com/at0m-studio
- dante
- Posts: 5089
- Joined: Sat Nov 24, 2001 4:00 pm
- Location: Melbourne Australia
- Contact:
Re: What to do with the SL9000 channel strip ?
Yep well strikes me that I have a stereo drum track so I had the problem of only being able to turn the snare up with surgical EQ.
But with 3 of these inserted into 3 STM channels and feed the stereo signal into all 3 I might be able split the signal into kick, snare and hi-hats, using filter =>sidechain=>gate algo, then raise snare vol without affecting the snare EQ so much.
But with 3 of these inserted into 3 STM channels and feed the stereo signal into all 3 I might be able split the signal into kick, snare and hi-hats, using filter =>sidechain=>gate algo, then raise snare vol without affecting the snare EQ so much.
-
tjsound
- Posts: 100
- Joined: Wed Sep 30, 2009 7:19 am
- Location: moscow russia
Re: What to do with the SL9000 channel strip ?
What to do with the SL9000 channel strip ?
I do nothing. Because it does not work after reload project.
It seems he can only remember their settings in the projec,t not as an insert.
I do nothing. Because it does not work after reload project.
It seems he can only remember their settings in the projec,t not as an insert.
XITE-1, Reaperx64...
- dante
- Posts: 5089
- Joined: Sat Nov 24, 2001 4:00 pm
- Location: Melbourne Australia
- Contact:
Re: What to do with the SL9000 channel strip ?
Not getting that problem on Scope 5 PCI ver. I tried the experiment above about using 3 x SL9000 inserts, didnt quite get the sonic result I was after because too much crossover in source material (kick and snare). But all 3 inserts remembered setting after reload.
You could try unload / reload the device into the insert slot.
You could try unload / reload the device into the insert slot.
-
Yogimeister
- Posts: 323
- Joined: Sat Jan 12, 2008 10:12 am
Re: What to do with the SL9000 channel strip ?
dante wrote:Not getting that problem on Scope 5 PCI ver. I tried the experiment above about using 3 x SL9000 inserts, didnt quite get the sonic result I was after because too much crossover in source material (kick and snare). But all 3 inserts remembered setting after reload.
You could try unload / reload the device into the insert slot.
Hi Dante,
Which Mixer were you using for inserting the SL9000 ?
(I also have the same problem with the SL9000 loading in a "Faulty unresponsive" state inside the 1632 mixer - havent tried other mixers yet ... - and for some reason, I am also having trouble loading presets into it (inside and outside the mixer ....)
- dante
- Posts: 5089
- Joined: Sat Nov 24, 2001 4:00 pm
- Location: Melbourne Australia
- Contact:
Re: What to do with the SL9000 channel strip ?
STM2448 - on PCI - see initial post. But now I use STM1632 or DAS mixer with C350L on XITE-1D.