Old Hunting Dogs

Tips and advice for getting the most from Scope. No questions here please.

Moderators: valis, garyb

Post Reply
dawman
Posts: 14368
Joined: Sun Jul 24, 2005 4:00 pm
Location: PROJECT WINDOW

Old Hunting Dogs

Post by dawman »

Why use 5 seperate MIDI channels when a 64bit rig needs as many channels for sampled instruments as possible.
I am running these synths and a Modular Patch all on MIDI Channel 15.
I also like the powerful sounds I can get from mixing 2 or 3 of these simulatanoeusly.
One just needs to look at this as a single Giant synth instead of doubling up on sounds.
The LFO rates and Envelope Mods are sync'd pretty tight considering I am using internal modulations with matching rates, etc.
At any rate, I just made 17 presets most used, and the row of 17 buttons on my KS88 means one button press calls up all presets for 4 synths and their mix levels using the Modular routing patch.
This is a really DSP efficient cluster of sound too.
Most of the presets use 2 synths, i.e. the Prodyssey has 2 instances so I basically have a 4 Oscillator ARP Odyssey now. Brass presets are FAT using Moog + 2 ARP's. All mono leads are extremely thick using anywhere from 4 to 8 Oscillatos, and having pairs sync'd or un sync'd is a real treat.
Also worth mentioning. I never liked these synths much until I got a Prodyssey Klangbox and realized the new design had better converters. But in the XITE-1 the synths sound marvellous. Much better clarity and quality than the cards had.
I also use the XFader from SpaceF and have it attached to a KS88 Fader for realtime crossfades of the Mix out into a Phaser pre B2003 Leslie. Styx lives on......

Untitled.jpg
User avatar
dante
Posts: 5089
Joined: Sat Nov 24, 2001 4:00 pm
Location: Melbourne Australia
Contact:

Re: Old Hunting Dogs

Post by dante »

mp3 ?
dawman
Posts: 14368
Joined: Sun Jul 24, 2005 4:00 pm
Location: PROJECT WINDOW

Re: Old Hunting Dogs

Post by dawman »

Not so fast there Cowboy.
I have an auto-indexing problem with the Profit 5.
I use presets in this manner.........

Banks........use a " minus " like -Live 01.
In this way I retain all of the other Banks and presets in the same location, and the Bank I choose to perform with is instantly accesible vis MIDI CC Program change messages.
I then name the presets like MIDI CC Program changes where the number comes first.
I.E. 000 Brass, then 001 Clavinet, etc.etc.
Profit 5 seems to have a problem auto indexing.

Could you verify this for me...?

Make 3 presets, then add the numbers before their names and right click for auto indexing.
I get 003 then 001, 000, etc..............aaarrrggghhh....***
Ankyu........

I am RC2708 x64 but this could have been a problem in x86 Scope 5.0 carried over.

I will contact Holger or Ralf for a quick fix hopefully once verified.
It seems this is an slight oversight, and since folks here record its no big deal.
But I would like to use this live as the MIDI button for Filter sweeps is really convenient and the sound is pretty thick for a fake synth.
tjsound
Posts: 100
Joined: Wed Sep 30, 2009 7:19 am
Location: moscow russia

Re: Old Hunting Dogs

Post by tjsound »

Not confirm it. autoindexing works fine. may be you need to click on "name" before indexing...?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
XITE-1, Reaperx64...
Post Reply