Zarg Red Drum Step Sequencer with Ableton or other DAW?
- 53E7
- Posts: 182
- Joined: Mon Jan 23, 2012 11:45 am
- Location: New York
Zarg Red Drum Step Sequencer with Ableton or other DAW?
I got the Zarg bundle back in January and recently started exploring Red Drum. I’ve been messing around with the patterns in the step sequencer. I really like that built in step sequencer. It's really fun and there are a lot of possibilities. How can I integrate Red Drum into Ableton or another DAW using the Red Drum's step sequencer? I’d like to make beats with Red Drum and then build around those with some synths to make songs.
- dante
- Posts: 5089
- Joined: Sat Nov 24, 2001 4:00 pm
- Location: Melbourne Australia
- Contact:
Re: Zarg Red Drum Step Sequencer with Ableton or other DAW?
Short of some sort of MIDI clock connection (which Im not sure of) that a Modular genius could tell you about here :
1) You could record red drum into your sequencer and then build the rest of the track around it
Just set the DAW tempo to the same as the recorded reddrum tempo, bar align it on the track and away u go.
2) If RedDrum accepts MIDI notes, sequence it from your DAW. Or if RedDrum sends MIDI notes out, record those in the DAW then send them back whilst multitracking other parts
1) You could record red drum into your sequencer and then build the rest of the track around it
2) If RedDrum accepts MIDI notes, sequence it from your DAW. Or if RedDrum sends MIDI notes out, record those in the DAW then send them back whilst multitracking other parts