As a follow on from my attempt here :
http://forums.planetz.com/viewtopic.php?f=17&t=31728
I thought I would raise this topic to obtain some hint, techniques etc for making music videos once you've created a good track on Scope. This is probably geared to the home movie / youtube user end rather than fully pro. As I can then make a ScopeRise article for content gathered. For example, I used MAGIX Movie Edit Pro.
Some issues to kick the ball rolling :
1) For ScopeRise, I use a shareware called 'licecap' ( http://www.cockos.com/licecap/ ) to capture animations of Scope devices. The output GIF's then work in ScopeRise HTML pages. However, when I drop them into a Movie Edit Pro project, the results are shift in color registers which just looks like a bad acid trip. Anyone know of any good screen capture software that can be used ? For example, I would have liked to have shown Mattomatt with the LED's running in time with the music.
2) Doing the above by handicam pointed to computer monitors looses a lot of definition (blurry), maybe this can only be done if captured in HD ? I have seen this blurriness on a few Scope videos, seems one may have to pay a lot of attention to lighting as well.
So - whats preferable ? An expensive screen (motion) capture software vs HD handycams ? A mix of both ?
Any recommendations there ?
Tips for making normal music videos appreciated as well.
Making Music Videos for a Scope track.
- dante
- Posts: 5089
- Joined: Sat Nov 24, 2001 4:00 pm
- Location: Melbourne Australia
- Contact:
- sharc
- Posts: 638
- Joined: Mon Oct 29, 2001 4:00 pm
- Location: No idea. All looks the same down here
Re: Making Music Videos for a Scope track.
Any screen capture software I've used in the past has far too slow a frame rate to capture full screen at anything resembling realtime. I've never tried on anything faster than a P4 though. CamStudio is free and easy to use. Might be worth a try.
Alternatively if your handycam has a DV input you might be able to connect it to your gfx card which would likely give the best result possible.
Alternatively if your handycam has a DV input you might be able to connect it to your gfx card which would likely give the best result possible.
-
petal
- Posts: 2354
- Joined: Sun Sep 15, 2002 4:00 pm
- Location: Copenhagen
- Contact: