Fixing loose STDM connectors
-
haba
- Posts: 81
- Joined: Thu Mar 05, 2009 2:53 pm
Fixing loose STDM connectors
I had a problem with the stability of my system with 3 pulsar second generation. Assync above 1000, frozen system and so on. Cleaning the STDM connectors with 98 % isopropyl alcohol didn't helpt. Found out the STDM connectors were verry loose sitting. With the help of a safety pin I was able to bent the contact pins back in place. The connectors are now sitting tough and the system instabillity disapeard (assync from1-8). If you consider to bend the contact pins be carefull on the first pin...its the problematic one (it tends to jump out). Its better to access the outer right pin from the left side and vice versa. I dit it verry carfully and repeated the procedure 3 times. Of course...at your own risk
- ShogunSpy
- Posts: 313
- Joined: Wed Sep 26, 2012 1:28 pm
- Location: San Francisco
- Contact:
Re: Fixing loose STDM connectors
Thanks for the tip having the same issues.. will try your trick
- Marco
- Posts: 1260
- Joined: Thu Oct 10, 2013 4:27 pm
- Location: Ödenwald
Re: Fixing loose STDM connectors
Good hint, I keep it in mind if I should ever have any problems