Scope 7 and Cubase 11
-
medway
- Posts: 229
- Joined: Thu Jun 26, 2003 4:00 pm
- Location: London
- Contact:
Scope 7 and Cubase 11
Ok so after trying to use Cubase 10/11 on Win 10 using the old Scope 5 in Win 7 compatibility mode I encountered some issues, mainly due to performance from the Win 7 compatibility mode. Cubase runs sluggish, opening the key command menu for instance takes 45 seconds. And selecting tracks in a large project has delay.
I tried an old usb soundcard in non compatibility mode to test and that works fine.
So seems finally updating to Scope 7 is the answer. Anyone using Cubase 11 with it though? Just want to make sure before I purchase that it's all running fine.
Cheers
I tried an old usb soundcard in non compatibility mode to test and that works fine.
So seems finally updating to Scope 7 is the answer. Anyone using Cubase 11 with it though? Just want to make sure before I purchase that it's all running fine.
Cheers
-
nebelfuerst
- Posts: 659
- Joined: Tue Jun 23, 2009 10:55 am
Re: Scope 7 and Cubase 11
I recently did some tests with Win10/Scope7 with expresscard and Xite.
Cubase 9LE, Ableton and Bitwig worked pretty good. I primarily tested, how precise the DAW started and stayed in sync to an external midi sequencer for 30min.
I didn'n notice any issues with cubase, but as I decided to go for ableton and bitwig, the cubase tests weren't that deep.
Cubase 9LE, Ableton and Bitwig worked pretty good. I primarily tested, how precise the DAW started and stayed in sync to an external midi sequencer for 30min.
I didn'n notice any issues with cubase, but as I decided to go for ableton and bitwig, the cubase tests weren't that deep.
\\\ *** l 0 v e | X I T E *** ///
-
medway
- Posts: 229
- Joined: Thu Jun 26, 2003 4:00 pm
- Location: London
- Contact:
Re: Scope 7 and Cubase 11
Thanks. Are Bitwig and Ableton working well then?
- ChristianB
- Posts: 69
- Joined: Thu Feb 10, 2005 4:00 pm
- Location: Montréal
Re: Scope 7 and Cubase 11
Running Cubase 10.5 and scope 7 and win10. Works fine
-
Rolf
- Posts: 11
- Joined: Mon Sep 02, 2002 4:00 pm
- Location: Germany
Re: Scope 7 and Cubase 11
Hello,
I am using Cubase 11, Scope Xite-1, Fireface 800, iconnectAUDIO2+, FerroFish Pulse 16 in one computer with Scope Xite as my main Soundcard (44,1khz, ULLI 3ms) 2.925 latency i/0 in Cubase with no problems.
Cheers R
I am using Cubase 11, Scope Xite-1, Fireface 800, iconnectAUDIO2+, FerroFish Pulse 16 in one computer with Scope Xite as my main Soundcard (44,1khz, ULLI 3ms) 2.925 latency i/0 in Cubase with no problems.
Cheers R
-
medway
- Posts: 229
- Joined: Thu Jun 26, 2003 4:00 pm
- Location: London
- Contact:
Re: Scope 7 and Cubase 11
Thank you, just ordered.
-
fidox
- Posts: 875
- Joined: Sun Aug 17, 2003 4:00 pm
- Location: Slovenia
- Contact:
Re: Scope 7 and Cubase 11
Using Windows 10 64bit pro, Scope 7 and new Cubase Artist 11 update.
Works fine.
Works fine.
-
medway
- Posts: 229
- Joined: Thu Jun 26, 2003 4:00 pm
- Location: London
- Contact:
Re: Scope 7 and Cubase 11
Btw I read through the main 7 thread a while back but can't remember the consensus on how to install. Do I just install side by side with 5?
-
fidox
- Posts: 875
- Joined: Sun Aug 17, 2003 4:00 pm
- Location: Slovenia
- Contact:
Re: Scope 7 and Cubase 11
medway wrote: Fri Feb 05, 2021 2:29 am Btw I read through the main 7 thread a while back but can't remember the consensus on how to install. Do I just install side by side with 5?
No, just 7 or 5, not both in the same time.
I was just saving to other location my preset files, project files, some devices, then clean install and then some stuff back to version 7.
-
medway
- Posts: 229
- Joined: Thu Jun 26, 2003 4:00 pm
- Location: London
- Contact:
Re: Scope 7 and Cubase 11
fidox wrote: Fri Feb 05, 2021 3:17 ammedway wrote: Fri Feb 05, 2021 2:29 am Btw I read through the main 7 thread a while back but can't remember the consensus on how to install. Do I just install side by side with 5?
No, just 7 or 5, not both in the same time.
I was just saving to other location my preset files, project files, some devices, then clean install and then some stuff back to version 7.
Thanks so do I need to uninstall 5 first after copying it over to another folder to copy back what I need?
-
nebelfuerst
- Posts: 659
- Joined: Tue Jun 23, 2009 10:55 am
Re: Scope 7 and Cubase 11
Just install 7 parallel to 5. 7 will work, but 5 not.
To make 5 work, you have to downgrade drivers in device manager. ( .. and upgrade drivers to go back to 7)
To make 5 work, you have to downgrade drivers in device manager. ( .. and upgrade drivers to go back to 7)
\\\ *** l 0 v e | X I T E *** ///
-
fidox
- Posts: 875
- Joined: Sun Aug 17, 2003 4:00 pm
- Location: Slovenia
- Contact:
Re: Scope 7 and Cubase 11
medway wrote: Fri Feb 05, 2021 5:14 am Thanks so do I need to uninstall 5 first after copying it over to another folder to copy back what I need?
I think i didn't do uninstall, but just installed new 7 version and copied back what i needed and deleted version 5.
That was 3 years back.
Do some more research here from other users too
For drivers in Device Manager i have little forget, but must be mentioned here at this forum too.
- garyb
- Moderator
- Posts: 23474
- Joined: Sun Apr 15, 2001 4:00 pm
- Location: ghetto by the sea
Re: Scope 7 and Cubase 11
it's never a bad idea to back up the Scope folder first, but you can install into the v5 folder...
-
medway
- Posts: 229
- Joined: Thu Jun 26, 2003 4:00 pm
- Location: London
- Contact:
Re: Scope 7 and Cubase 11
Thanks everyone. That was a lot easier to install than I expected. Even saves the default project which was nice. For a moment the windows driver wasn't working (showed as 0 volume and wouldn't let me turn up). But after testing Cubase with the ASIO driver when I quit the Windows one started working so not sure what that was.
I did notice I seem to have two ASIO drivers now. One says Scope ASIO and the other Scope ASIO PCI. In some apps (like Cubase or Wavelab) I can only select the Scope ASIO one but in Ableton I can do both. Both seem to work though. Do I need to remove one of those or just leave it as is?
Cheers
I did notice I seem to have two ASIO drivers now. One says Scope ASIO and the other Scope ASIO PCI. In some apps (like Cubase or Wavelab) I can only select the Scope ASIO one but in Ableton I can do both. Both seem to work though. Do I need to remove one of those or just leave it as is?
Cheers
-
medway
- Posts: 229
- Joined: Thu Jun 26, 2003 4:00 pm
- Location: London
- Contact:
Re: Scope 7 and Cubase 11
Actually getting some dropouts on the Windows driver so might not be the new one. I'll go through that thread again.
Last edited by medway on Fri Feb 05, 2021 8:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
-
fidox
- Posts: 875
- Joined: Sun Aug 17, 2003 4:00 pm
- Location: Slovenia
- Contact:
Re: Scope 7 and Cubase 11
ASIO SCOPE, not sure for Ableton, just Cubase Artist 11 here.
Pictures:
Cubase, Sound Forge shows just ASIO SCOPE and driver version from Device Manager.
I would try to uninstall cards and drivers from device manager and install just driver part again.
Pictures:
Cubase, Sound Forge shows just ASIO SCOPE and driver version from Device Manager.
I would try to uninstall cards and drivers from device manager and install just driver part again.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
-
medway
- Posts: 229
- Joined: Thu Jun 26, 2003 4:00 pm
- Location: London
- Contact:
Re: Scope 7 and Cubase 11
Thanks, got that same date for my driver. Will see if I can uninstall the wave drivers by setting it to 0 and then back to 1.
-
medway
- Posts: 229
- Joined: Thu Jun 26, 2003 4:00 pm
- Location: London
- Contact:
Re: Scope 7 and Cubase 11
Ok set it to 0 and then let Scope reinstall again but still get dropouts in Youtube and mp3 player. I'm using the normal Wave driver.
-
fidox
- Posts: 875
- Joined: Sun Aug 17, 2003 4:00 pm
- Location: Slovenia
- Contact:
Re: Scope 7 and Cubase 11
This is my computer where i have few Luna II cards, just for internet and multimedia, mp3 player, Youtube, movies,medway wrote: Fri Feb 05, 2021 8:22 am Ok set it to 0 and then let Scope reinstall again but still get dropouts in Youtube and mp3 player. I'm using the normal Wave driver.
it's Scope 5 version, but try lowering the latency, which i did, after i searched what can i do about dropouts.
It's simple project which is running with Windows startup.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
-
medway
- Posts: 229
- Joined: Thu Jun 26, 2003 4:00 pm
- Location: London
- Contact:
Re: Scope 7 and Cubase 11
Hi thanks. You you mean raising the latency? I usually run on the largest setting. I think that's for ASIO only though? ASIO is working fine it's just the Windows driver I was getting dropouts from.
I changed my mp3 player to WASAPI and that seems to have solved it there. Just Youtube to figure out now as there's not an option for that as far as I know.
I changed my mp3 player to WASAPI and that seems to have solved it there. Just Youtube to figure out now as there's not an option for that as far as I know.