Plogue Bidule
- ChristianB
- Posts: 69
- Joined: Thu Feb 10, 2005 4:00 pm
- Location: Montréal
Plogue Bidule
HI All.
I'm having problem with opening the Demo of Plogue Bidule Standalone. It goes for 1 or 2 minutes on the opening screen and then my computer goes blue screen and restart. Just like it was for v2 of Bitwig a while ago.
I know Jimmy V is using BIdule... Any ideas?
Thanks
I'm having problem with opening the Demo of Plogue Bidule Standalone. It goes for 1 or 2 minutes on the opening screen and then my computer goes blue screen and restart. Just like it was for v2 of Bitwig a while ago.
I know Jimmy V is using BIdule... Any ideas?
Thanks
- valis
- Posts: 8033
- Joined: Sun Sep 23, 2001 4:00 pm
- Location: West Coast USA
- Contact:
Re: Plogue Bidule
What version of Windows, Scope and Bidule?
-
dawman
- Posts: 14368
- Joined: Sun Jul 24, 2005 4:00 pm
- Location: PROJECT WINDOW
Re: Plogue Bidule
Bidule has a log file, which you can post at the forum where the devs will reply with the problem and fixes.15 years with 100% stability for me, and personal fixes for Scope before they updated to 7.
Best forum for custom layouts as members compete with each other to help out lazy guys like me.
I even have SR Pro call up GUIs of VSTs.
Bidule + Scope are the best live performance tools on the market, period..
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
- ChristianB
- Posts: 69
- Joined: Thu Feb 10, 2005 4:00 pm
- Location: Montréal
Re: Plogue Bidule
Windows 10 Home Version 20H2 OS build 19042.1110
Scope 7.0.1706_x64
Bidule The latest, I just downlowded the demo
Scope 7.0.1706_x64
Bidule The latest, I just downlowded the demo
-
dawman
- Posts: 14368
- Joined: Sun Jul 24, 2005 4:00 pm
- Location: PROJECT WINDOW
Re: Plogue Bidule
Please sign into their forum. So many various uses you’re bound to find whatever you need, and if not a custom builder guy like Jermsi will make one for you. He does this for free but I always spot him a twenty.
Custom skins are really cool too.
I matched mine up with XITE-1 Color scheme.
Custom skins are really cool too.
I matched mine up with XITE-1 Color scheme.
- ChristianB
- Posts: 69
- Joined: Thu Feb 10, 2005 4:00 pm
- Location: Montréal
Re: Plogue Bidule
I'd like to use the VST version of Bidule... But VST version is not available for demo.
For now it's very simple what I want to do.
I'd like to do a mix in Quad of a new piece... It is in Cubase 10.5
So I would use Bidule to have 4 ins and 4 out so I can create reverbs and Delay and a master chain in Quad but using double stereo FX.
I dont want to buy 5.1 FX.
I know that DDMF Metaplugin is doing that. But it's offering less possibility than Bidule.
Do you think that the VST version of Bidule could have 4ins and 4outs (even more I guess), Like Reaktor ?
For now it's very simple what I want to do.
I'd like to do a mix in Quad of a new piece... It is in Cubase 10.5
So I would use Bidule to have 4 ins and 4 out so I can create reverbs and Delay and a master chain in Quad but using double stereo FX.
I dont want to buy 5.1 FX.
I know that DDMF Metaplugin is doing that. But it's offering less possibility than Bidule.
Do you think that the VST version of Bidule could have 4ins and 4outs (even more I guess), Like Reaktor ?
-
dawman
- Posts: 14368
- Joined: Sun Jul 24, 2005 4:00 pm
- Location: PROJECT WINDOW
Re: Plogue Bidule
You can create it as a Group using Various mixer configurations.
As we speak I am using SoftTube Marshall Plexi to recieve audio from my HX3.5 Hammond module in Scope.
I need a Switcher in Scope Project Window to send to ASIO, then ASIO out into STM2448. Auto switcher will switch back to HX3 module out to STM2448 for non Deep Purple/Steppenwolf levels of distortion.
Two apps with exceptional easy to view (both modular GUI) routing that automated in real time thanks to SR Pro (artist formerly known as PRJ Preset List).
At one time I was so addicted to routing I actually had chilled Jagermeister in my Windshield Wiper Fluid Container. Re router the hoses through my ashtray for chilled Jager on breaks. Chicks really dug the idea as Tahoe is way cold in winter, perfect for re routing. Schwing!!!!
As we speak I am using SoftTube Marshall Plexi to recieve audio from my HX3.5 Hammond module in Scope.
I need a Switcher in Scope Project Window to send to ASIO, then ASIO out into STM2448. Auto switcher will switch back to HX3 module out to STM2448 for non Deep Purple/Steppenwolf levels of distortion.
Two apps with exceptional easy to view (both modular GUI) routing that automated in real time thanks to SR Pro (artist formerly known as PRJ Preset List).
At one time I was so addicted to routing I actually had chilled Jagermeister in my Windshield Wiper Fluid Container. Re router the hoses through my ashtray for chilled Jager on breaks. Chicks really dug the idea as Tahoe is way cold in winter, perfect for re routing. Schwing!!!!
-
dawman
- Posts: 14368
- Joined: Sun Jul 24, 2005 4:00 pm
- Location: PROJECT WINDOW
Re: Plogue Bidule
Just realized I can switch to BUSS in STM since SR Pro remembers every move.
Once you get going on Bidule, if you want to learn the insane routings and automations SR Pro provides, the very same MIDI PrgmChng messages used for SR Pro can recall certain Windows and GUIs in Bidule.
Very fast workflow as live performance demands can be used for editing and recording that really make it a breeze.
Let me know how VST works out.
It worked for me in Reaper but not sure if Cubase has the same flexibility.
Once you get going on Bidule, if you want to learn the insane routings and automations SR Pro provides, the very same MIDI PrgmChng messages used for SR Pro can recall certain Windows and GUIs in Bidule.
Very fast workflow as live performance demands can be used for editing and recording that really make it a breeze.
Let me know how VST works out.
It worked for me in Reaper but not sure if Cubase has the same flexibility.
- valis
- Posts: 8033
- Joined: Sun Sep 23, 2001 4:00 pm
- Location: West Coast USA
- Contact:
Re: Plogue Bidule
Christian, are you running Scope with ASIO, wave & midi modules present, before running Bidule?
And are you running Xite or Scope PCI cards?
(Feel free to post a screenshot of your Scope project).
And are you running Xite or Scope PCI cards?
(Feel free to post a screenshot of your Scope project).
- ChristianB
- Posts: 69
- Joined: Thu Feb 10, 2005 4:00 pm
- Location: Montréal
Re: Plogue Bidule
Running only Asio with midi in/out and midi sequencer. No wave. And it's all in Xite. I have 2 pci in the same computer that I use as if they were outside. So no Asio or Midi sequencer. Only ADAT and Midi source input.
The PCI is on 5.1 and Xite on 7.latest.
I got in touch with the dev. Fast response!
I sent him the crash file (Bidule.log) and he came back with a .reg file for Bidule to skip the DirectSound of scope. Because that's where the first crash happened.
But no luck with that. Sent him the new crash file. He return a .reg file. This time to skip all until Asio.
No luck with this one too. The crash was toofast for the log file to register anything.
That's where I am now.
I bought the full version in order to use the VST version of Bidule, So I can start working now.
Dawman. You have a working Bidule on Scope version? Xite or PCI?
I'm wondering if it would help if you sent me your Bidule.log file? So the dev might be able to see somethings.
The PCI is on 5.1 and Xite on 7.latest.
I got in touch with the dev. Fast response!
I sent him the crash file (Bidule.log) and he came back with a .reg file for Bidule to skip the DirectSound of scope. Because that's where the first crash happened.
But no luck with that. Sent him the new crash file. He return a .reg file. This time to skip all until Asio.
No luck with this one too. The crash was toofast for the log file to register anything.
That's where I am now.
I bought the full version in order to use the VST version of Bidule, So I can start working now.
Dawman. You have a working Bidule on Scope version? Xite or PCI?
I'm wondering if it would help if you sent me your Bidule.log file? So the dev might be able to see somethings.
- valis
- Posts: 8033
- Joined: Sun Sep 23, 2001 4:00 pm
- Location: West Coast USA
- Contact:
Re: Plogue Bidule
Try enabling your on board sound for the motherboard and see if that helps, my default visual project does come up with a direct sound module in it rather than ASIO
Alternatively, you might have Jimmy save you a project for Xite that you can put as the default bidule project (using the same ASIO drivers on bot ends).
Alternatively, you might have Jimmy save you a project for Xite that you can put as the default bidule project (using the same ASIO drivers on bot ends).
-
dawman
- Posts: 14368
- Joined: Sun Jul 24, 2005 4:00 pm
- Location: PROJECT WINDOW
Re: Plogue Bidule
I can make you a project if you tell me what you need for ASIO source channel count and ASIO Dest channel count.
Name the mixer you use, I have everyone made by SDK and Soniccore.
I will send you the basics.
All you need do is open XITE-1 project, then click on Bidule Layout, but don’t put it in a folder. But as a shortcut on the desktop.
Tomorrow I can send something if you want.
Name the mixer you use, I have everyone made by SDK and Soniccore.
I will send you the basics.
All you need do is open XITE-1 project, then click on Bidule Layout, but don’t put it in a folder. But as a shortcut on the desktop.
Tomorrow I can send something if you want.
- ChristianB
- Posts: 69
- Joined: Thu Feb 10, 2005 4:00 pm
- Location: Montréal
Re: Plogue Bidule
I sent a new Bibule.log today. Let's see if they got a solution.
Thanks
Thanks
- valis
- Posts: 8033
- Joined: Sun Sep 23, 2001 4:00 pm
- Location: West Coast USA
- Contact:
Re: Plogue Bidule
It’s the default bidule project. It loads direct sound module for audio output, and Xite doesn’t have wave drivers present in your project. If it still crashes after adding a wave source to your projects (and in the device manager driver panel) then it’s either los using onboard sound driver or change the default bidule project (NOT your Scope/Xite project) so that Bidule starts with ASIO module instead of directsound (bidule can only attach to one driver at a time so you wouldn’t be able to have both).
-
dawman
- Posts: 14368
- Joined: Sun Jul 24, 2005 4:00 pm
- Location: PROJECT WINDOW
Re: Plogue Bidule
I would try saving a Bidule project and load from there.ChristianB wrote: Sat Jul 31, 2021 5:41 pm I sent a new Bibule.log today. Let's see if they got a solution.
Thanks
For example a totally blank one, nothing. Then add what you want and save to Desktop, always launching after Scope from the desktop.
I’ve done this for years now as it avoids a problem I encountered.
Have no idea what it was and didn’t care because this solved any problems I had with Kontakt, PTeq, Omnisphere and Scope DSP.
Good luck. Once it’s working you’ll love Bidule and it’s easily visible routings, just like Scope DSP.
-
Robtes
- Posts: 2
- Joined: Fri May 08, 2026 7:18 pm
Re: Plogue Bidule
Hi guys
Claude brought me here and I signed up pdq. Thru Claude I discovered area of DSP and IMO an amazing app called Plogue/Bidule. I think of it as and excel type of whiteboard for a signals approach to sound - particularly vocals. I played with Reason (up to ver 12) and that started as a rack with jack plugs method - unique still. But a huge amount of DAW fluff baggage to handle with it. YKWIM.
The I discovered Bidule - and it immediately chimed from my own professional bg in Control Systems Design. I never went down coding rabbit holes, just enough to get a flavour, so the idea of building my ideas up in C++ didnt appeal. I wanted blocks (obj) to wire up and pursue some goals = Bidule now.
Can anyone point me to any libraries that must have been built over time.? I would like to get up to speed quickly by learning from others before me.
I hope to produce some trials to share with other developers here.
Some thoughts eg
a comb filter is well known, but its a static xfer fn - lets take this and make it time variant ie the way a mouth cavity acts?
Claude suggested that Bidule can implement Fn= F(n+1) - this blows me away - when I configure this with Feedback/forward? Where will this take me?
Ring modulator uses a static signal as a multiplier but one signal Fn => another signal ?
Any advice/links much appreciated
Robin
Claude brought me here and I signed up pdq. Thru Claude I discovered area of DSP and IMO an amazing app called Plogue/Bidule. I think of it as and excel type of whiteboard for a signals approach to sound - particularly vocals. I played with Reason (up to ver 12) and that started as a rack with jack plugs method - unique still. But a huge amount of DAW fluff baggage to handle with it. YKWIM.
The I discovered Bidule - and it immediately chimed from my own professional bg in Control Systems Design. I never went down coding rabbit holes, just enough to get a flavour, so the idea of building my ideas up in C++ didnt appeal. I wanted blocks (obj) to wire up and pursue some goals = Bidule now.
Can anyone point me to any libraries that must have been built over time.? I would like to get up to speed quickly by learning from others before me.
I hope to produce some trials to share with other developers here.
Some thoughts eg
a comb filter is well known, but its a static xfer fn - lets take this and make it time variant ie the way a mouth cavity acts?
Claude suggested that Bidule can implement Fn= F(n+1) - this blows me away - when I configure this with Feedback/forward? Where will this take me?
Ring modulator uses a static signal as a multiplier but one signal Fn => another signal ?
Any advice/links much appreciated
- valis
- Posts: 8033
- Joined: Sun Sep 23, 2001 4:00 pm
- Location: West Coast USA
- Contact:
Re: Plogue Bidule
I would ask this on Plogue's forum, though I'm curious to see if you prove to be a person or just an agent posting here.
-
Robtes
- Posts: 2
- Joined: Fri May 08, 2026 7:18 pm
Re: Plogue Bidule
The Problem I find on Plogue, is that (very small traffic that there is) , is that its only for fans who are down personal rabbit holes on their own goals. Little inclination to post help for noobs, the manual is too general to be much use. No worked examples etc no very hard works getting thru the rough edges getting started. Typical Coders for Coders mindset.
DSP was a BIG thing 40 years ago, but Yamaha DX7 showed what FM could do and most everything DSP has been quietly!!! absorbed into mainstream DAWs.
In fact I asked " what audible meaningful result" result does Bidule offer today - over all the VSTs available ready made and usable on the ubiquitous DAW.
Not as if Bidule offers a step change effect? like discovering say stereo vs plain mono . It just seems good for making noise and auto sound effects etc ie smaltzing - advanced arpeggiating etc
I cut my teeth on commercial desktop analog computer with a large patch board (0-5V sigs) (name? EAI Pace trs 48?)
AI processing shows such things eg separation of vocals/instruments in a song, substituting one voice for another etc
DSP was a BIG thing 40 years ago, but Yamaha DX7 showed what FM could do and most everything DSP has been quietly!!! absorbed into mainstream DAWs.
In fact I asked " what audible meaningful result" result does Bidule offer today - over all the VSTs available ready made and usable on the ubiquitous DAW.
Not as if Bidule offers a step change effect? like discovering say stereo vs plain mono . It just seems good for making noise and auto sound effects etc ie smaltzing - advanced arpeggiating etc
I cut my teeth on commercial desktop analog computer with a large patch board (0-5V sigs) (name? EAI Pace trs 48?)
AI processing shows such things eg separation of vocals/instruments in a song, substituting one voice for another etc
- valis
- Posts: 8033
- Joined: Sun Sep 23, 2001 4:00 pm
- Location: West Coast USA
- Contact:
Re: Plogue Bidule
Bidule is also an excellent routing interface, and so using alongside Scope it's a very useful tool. Once I moved my Scope machine to be sidecar, I not only stopped caring as much about a heavy DAW on the CPU as Scope itself is the reason for that machine, and so Bidule is great as a hosting environment for a bit of CPU based audio creation. That it has lower level tools, well Scope has the SDK and Mod for its own depth. So again, a match.
Is that confirmation I'm not chatting away with a chatbot, btw?
Is that confirmation I'm not chatting away with a chatbot, btw?
- astroman
- Posts: 8487
- Joined: Fri Feb 08, 2002 4:00 pm
- Location: Germany
Re: Plogue Bidule
That "excellent routing interface" is exactly what I use it for.
On a MacMini M1 ist saves me from Apple's Audio/Midi rubbish.
A couple of days ago it even performed a small miracle:
the free version of UAD Luna couldn't activate any Line/Adat input of the MOTU 828 USB mk2.
Just Bidule in the background saved the day...
On a MacMini M1 ist saves me from Apple's Audio/Midi rubbish.
A couple of days ago it even performed a small miracle:
the free version of UAD Luna couldn't activate any Line/Adat input of the MOTU 828 USB mk2.
Just Bidule in the background saved the day...