Now with the Mixbus article, I've dredged up a few other old DAW articles so now we have Cubase, Studio One, Reason and Mixbus covered. If you use another DAW other than these and you think you can cover it, let me know.
http://www.hitfoundry.com/
I'm also looking to add some opinions about what the future of Scope may hold. Mine will be along the lines of minimal effort - repurposing what already exists. Add comments here if you've got ideas about the future of Scope but keep em brief. Ill give myself a 300 word limit at absolute max.
ScopeRise Repurposed - DAW Guides.
- dante
- Posts: 5089
- Joined: Sat Nov 24, 2001 4:00 pm
- Location: Melbourne Australia
- Contact:
-
nebelfuerst
- Posts: 659
- Joined: Tue Jun 23, 2009 10:55 am
Re: ScopeRise Repurposed - DAW Guides.
I started with a very old cubase, then tried samplitude and currently endet up with ableton live and bitwig.
The DAWs are just a better vdat to me, as I try to keep all effects in scope. All equipment is synchronised by midiclock.
As I use the mini-mixer to hand over to my DAW and the DAW summary is feed in to the scope mixer, I somewhat feel that this is not the idea solution. I have to manually mute the DAW-input, as I otherwise end up in feedback loops.
Is there an elegant solution to this in your Xite-project ?
The DAWs are just a better vdat to me, as I try to keep all effects in scope. All equipment is synchronised by midiclock.
As I use the mini-mixer to hand over to my DAW and the DAW summary is feed in to the scope mixer, I somewhat feel that this is not the idea solution. I have to manually mute the DAW-input, as I otherwise end up in feedback loops.
Is there an elegant solution to this in your Xite-project ?
\\\ *** l 0 v e | X I T E *** ///
- dante
- Posts: 5089
- Joined: Sat Nov 24, 2001 4:00 pm
- Location: Melbourne Australia
- Contact:
Re: ScopeRise Repurposed - DAW Guides.
Not sure I understand the problem, but if you post your scope project and Ableton I/O window and any other relevant screenshots I might be able to figure it out.
I was actually hoping someone with Ableton would chime in as it would be great to cover that DAW in ScopeRise. Its one of the most mentioned around the traps including here at PZ.
Could be the last piece of the puzzle.
I was actually hoping someone with Ableton would chime in as it would be great to cover that DAW in ScopeRise. Its one of the most mentioned around the traps including here at PZ.
Could be the last piece of the puzzle.
- garyb
- Moderator
- Posts: 23474
- Joined: Sun Apr 15, 2001 4:00 pm
- Location: ghetto by the sea
Re: ScopeRise Repurposed - DAW Guides.
there should be a setting to disable software input monitoring. Cubase, Samplitude, Reason and Cakewalk have had this for years and years. i'm sure Ableton and Bitwig do as well.
- dante
- Posts: 5089
- Joined: Sat Nov 24, 2001 4:00 pm
- Location: Melbourne Australia
- Contact:
Re: ScopeRise Repurposed - DAW Guides.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
- valis
- Posts: 8033
- Joined: Sun Sep 23, 2001 4:00 pm
- Location: West Coast USA
- Contact:
Re: ScopeRise Repurposed - DAW Guides.
Set to 'off' if you monitor directly via Scope while recording.
"Auto" for software monitoring rather than Scope.
'In' is basically 'on' (to process external signals always).
"Auto" for software monitoring rather than Scope.
'In' is basically 'on' (to process external signals always).
-
nebelfuerst
- Posts: 659
- Joined: Tue Jun 23, 2009 10:55 am
Re: ScopeRise Repurposed - DAW Guides.
@Dante: I'll supply some screenshots howto integrate ableton in a few days, as I'm currently in overload.
I will try to rethink my scope&DAW workflow. Maybe it's as simple as disabling input monitoring.
I will try to rethink my scope&DAW workflow. Maybe it's as simple as disabling input monitoring.
\\\ *** l 0 v e | X I T E *** ///
- dante
- Posts: 5089
- Joined: Sat Nov 24, 2001 4:00 pm
- Location: Melbourne Australia
- Contact:
Re: ScopeRise Repurposed - DAW Guides.
Great thanks Nebelfuerst. Much appreciated.
- valis
- Posts: 8033
- Joined: Sun Sep 23, 2001 4:00 pm
- Location: West Coast USA
- Contact:
Re: ScopeRise Repurposed - DAW Guides.
If not using software monitoring, note the part that says Why are my recordings out of sync?