Hi - sorry if it's been asked before, but I have 2 older machines with Scope PCI cards. They've been running well for years, so I've not been inclined to change anything.
One is a Gigabyte P55A-UD3 with 16GB or RAM running windows 7 Pro and Scope v5.1.2709-x64. It has 2 1 5DSP cards and 1 6 DSP card (36 total)
The second is a really old Pentium III 800Mhz with 1GB of RAM running Windows XP (32-bit) and Scope v5.1.2709-x86.
Pretty sure I'm not messing with the XP machine (unless I retire it and move the Scope cards to something newer). However, would there be sufficient benefit to upgrade the Win7 machine to Scope v7?
Happy Holidays to all!
Best Scope version for older OS
-
Dream22
- Posts: 17
- Joined: Wed Jul 24, 2002 4:00 pm
Best Scope version for older OS
Eric
Dream22 Recording
Dream22 Recording
-
nebelfuerst
- Posts: 659
- Joined: Tue Jun 23, 2009 10:55 am
Re: Best Scope version for older OS
I don't think there's a noticeable benefit from 5 to 7, if you remain on Win7. Typically other audiosoftware requires Win10, which is a strong argument for Scope7. (But supporting SC is always an other argument
)
\\\ *** l 0 v e | X I T E *** ///
-
Dream22
- Posts: 17
- Joined: Wed Jul 24, 2002 4:00 pm
Re: Best Scope version for older OS
@nubelfuerst: thanks much for the reply.
I treat the older scope machines as dedicated mixers, “outboard” fx, and synths for rest of studio. It means running more computer but it works for me.
FWIW- I did support SC fairly recently with an xite-1 purchase running the modular 4 and Adern Flexor modules. Maybe I will upgrade the win7 machine with pci cards to scope v7 and keep the xp legacy at 5.1
I treat the older scope machines as dedicated mixers, “outboard” fx, and synths for rest of studio. It means running more computer but it works for me.
FWIW- I did support SC fairly recently with an xite-1 purchase running the modular 4 and Adern Flexor modules. Maybe I will upgrade the win7 machine with pci cards to scope v7 and keep the xp legacy at 5.1
Eric
Dream22 Recording
Dream22 Recording
- valis
- Posts: 8033
- Joined: Sun Sep 23, 2001 4:00 pm
- Location: West Coast USA
- Contact:
Re: Best Scope version for older OS
One of each is the best of all worlds, until things are addressed in v8. You might hold off on v7 a few weeks so that you can contribute to v8 getting off the ground, but cant' say more about that now.