Hello fellow PlanetZ friends!

A place to talk about whatever Scope music/gear related stuff you want.

Moderators: valis, garyb

Post Reply
LarryK
Posts: 10
Joined: Sat Jan 17, 2026 5:52 am

Hello fellow PlanetZ friends!

Post by LarryK »

I doubt anyone remembers me, but I was a fairly regular contributor to PlanetZ for many years (user name krizrox). I'm an old guy now (lol) but I'm also a longtime Creamware/Sonic Core fan & user. I started out using Creamware products for a home-based recording studio in the Chicago area back in 1998 or thereabouts. I ran that studio (LnL Recording) for over 20 years. It was my full-time occupation. I retired in 2022 and have been pursing other interests since then. Mostly just enjoying retirement. I miss being a part of this great brotherhood of like-minded product users. Creamware/Sonic Core was such an integral part of my life. It was the beating heart and engine of my studio. I'll bet I was on here every day, thinking, eating, dreaming thoughts about their products and software. Nice to see everything is just as I remember it.

I had to create a new user account because all old login credentials are long forgotten. I also wanted to return here for another purpose.

I still have my XITE-1 and also my A16 Ultra AD convertor. Both of those pieces of gear have been sitting in my equpment rack next to my desk (which I now use for digital art). I still think about all that stuff everytime I look over at it. But I think I'd like to sell these items.

What I'm not sure about is if there's any interest in a used XITE/A16. The gear has been sitting here unused for the past 4 years. Not even connected to my PC. I still have the original XITE packaging, user manuals, software, etc. What I don't know is if this is transferrable to another user. I seem to remember a few steps involved in transferring ownership. Possibly having to go through Sonic Core or Gary B. Whatever user info would have been required is buried or archived on a hard drive somewhere. It would take an afternoon of digging to find any of that stuff - with no guarantee of success.

Also not sure what the used market value is for such stuff. At this point it would be extremely difficult to even reinstall everything just to turn it on! lol I'm 99.9999% sure it is all still functional but I can't guarantee it. It's the point 000001% that scares me lol

Is there any interest in used Sonic Core gear? I can provide pics of what I have. Maybe Gary B might be of assistance in verifying ownership or provenance. I don't know. I think more than a return on investment is a willingness to get the gear into someone's hands that can still use it. It's a shame to be sitting here unused.

Anyway - besides all that - just wanted to wish everyone a happy new year. Our planet seems to be under attack lately from individuals with malicious intent. I don't like a lot of what's going on around us. I hope everyone is keeping a positive outlook as much as can be expected. Cheers and all the best to everyone!
User avatar
garyb
Moderator
Posts: 23474
Joined: Sun Apr 15, 2001 4:00 pm
Location: ghetto by the sea

Re: Hello fellow PlanetZ friends!

Post by garyb »

hello Larry!
you can post the offer in the purchasing forum.

best wishes!
Post Reply