Blank Scope 7 icon in notification area
-
fidox
- Posts: 875
- Joined: Sun Aug 17, 2003 4:00 pm
- Location: Slovenia
- Contact:
Blank Scope 7 icon in notification area
Hey,
Lately I had some Windows 11 problems, very strange behaviour with latest update, but luckily not on my main audio computer.
Computer freezed and didn't start anymore into Windows.
So, i formatted ssd disk and installed Windows 10 IoT Enterprise LTSC, which I have them also on my main audio machine.
Then I installed back Scope 7.
Everything worked fine.
Then I noticed, that icon , when loading Scope 7, in notification area was blank.
Program was running, just icon was blank.
I tried tons of tips, tricks, suggestions, but nothing worked.
The problem was more of a cosmetic one.
Then I have tried to un-install Scope 7 and installed Scope 5.1 version.
This version works perfectly fine, icon is shown normally in notification area.
Anyone had anything similar so far ?
While this computer is more or less for internet use, music listening, YT and so on, it's not such a big deal, but anyway,
didn't saw anything like this so far.
On my main audio machine I also have same Windows version and Scope 7 installed and icon in notification area is shown normally.
Lately I had some Windows 11 problems, very strange behaviour with latest update, but luckily not on my main audio computer.
Computer freezed and didn't start anymore into Windows.
So, i formatted ssd disk and installed Windows 10 IoT Enterprise LTSC, which I have them also on my main audio machine.
Then I installed back Scope 7.
Everything worked fine.
Then I noticed, that icon , when loading Scope 7, in notification area was blank.
Program was running, just icon was blank.
I tried tons of tips, tricks, suggestions, but nothing worked.
The problem was more of a cosmetic one.
Then I have tried to un-install Scope 7 and installed Scope 5.1 version.
This version works perfectly fine, icon is shown normally in notification area.
Anyone had anything similar so far ?
While this computer is more or less for internet use, music listening, YT and so on, it's not such a big deal, but anyway,
didn't saw anything like this so far.
On my main audio machine I also have same Windows version and Scope 7 installed and icon in notification area is shown normally.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
- garyb
- Moderator
- Posts: 23474
- Joined: Sun Apr 15, 2001 4:00 pm
- Location: ghetto by the sea
Re: Blank Scope 7 icon in notification area
here:
i believe it goes in Scope/App/ScopeApp
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
-
fidox
- Posts: 875
- Joined: Sun Aug 17, 2003 4:00 pm
- Location: Slovenia
- Contact:
Re: Blank Scope 7 icon in notification area
Yup, works.
I almost didn't get my doctorate these days with this icon
Thanks garyb
- garyb
- Moderator
- Posts: 23474
- Joined: Sun Apr 15, 2001 4:00 pm
- Location: ghetto by the sea
-
fidox
- Posts: 875
- Joined: Sun Aug 17, 2003 4:00 pm
- Location: Slovenia
- Contact:
Re: Blank Scope 7 icon in notification area
I saw , there was already thread about this here at Problem Solving, but that time when I was needed that I didn't know how to get back to forum 
- valis
- Posts: 8033
- Joined: Sun Sep 23, 2001 4:00 pm
- Location: West Coast USA
- Contact:
Re: Blank Scope 7 icon in notification area
Another bug to log, btw. Thanks.
-
fidox
- Posts: 875
- Joined: Sun Aug 17, 2003 4:00 pm
- Location: Slovenia
- Contact:
Re: Blank Scope 7 icon in notification area
I think that, while my main audio workstation machine was upgraded from Windows 10 to Windows 10 IoT Enterprise LTSC without fresh install, icon for Scope worked there.
This one, where icon was blank, was installed freshly with formatted disk.
This one, where icon was blank, was installed freshly with formatted disk.
- garyb
- Moderator
- Posts: 23474
- Joined: Sun Apr 15, 2001 4:00 pm
- Location: ghetto by the sea
Re: Blank Scope 7 icon in notification area
the icon was removed because when v7 was new, it appeared that the icon was leading to crashes. i have never seen a problem with it, personally.
- valis
- Posts: 8033
- Joined: Sun Sep 23, 2001 4:00 pm
- Location: West Coast USA
- Contact:
Re: Blank Scope 7 icon in notification area
Note: Crashes are what we would ask to be fixed, with the community effort, no?
- garyb
- Moderator
- Posts: 23474
- Joined: Sun Apr 15, 2001 4:00 pm
- Location: ghetto by the sea
Re: Blank Scope 7 icon in notification area
yes. but i think the icon is innocent.
- valis
- Posts: 8033
- Joined: Sun Sep 23, 2001 4:00 pm
- Location: West Coast USA
- Contact:
Re: Blank Scope 7 icon in notification area
I vaguely recall updating the icons at some point for modern windows from the older .ico format (low color to full color and more formats). No idea that context anymore, if I remember this weekend I'll search the forums and see if that updated zip is the same as this one.
- garyb
- Moderator
- Posts: 23474
- Joined: Sun Apr 15, 2001 4:00 pm
- Location: ghetto by the sea
Re: Blank Scope 7 icon in notification area
i'm fairly sure it is.
- valis
- Posts: 8033
- Joined: Sun Sep 23, 2001 4:00 pm
- Location: West Coast USA
- Contact:
Re: Blank Scope 7 icon in notification area
Most likely, as I recall the crash being related to the older format and recall fixing it. I'll track it down anyway, as I've had to rebuild context for a lot of these bugs by doing more hunting and pecking than I would have liked.