New behaviour

A place to talk about whatever Scope music/gear related stuff you want.

Moderators: valis, garyb

Post Reply
Chilliman
Posts: 60
Joined: Fri Nov 24, 2017 5:13 pm

New behaviour

Post by Chilliman »

Something started happening a few months ago.
Whenever I close a project in cubase, my scope v7 has a benny. My scope system is 3 cards in an old pc and only talks to my main production pc via adat.
The only thing it gets from it really is clock.
Says timeout on DPS no (then gives a number that isn't a consistent one, dps1, dsp9 etc)
Anyone know this issue?
Also wanted to ask, having looked at the pc thread and not really seeing an answer I need, what is a good 3 PCI slot motherboard/CPU combo I can use just to run scope as a sidecar rig? Not looking for using scope as a soundcard again or any asio, just lightpipe and midi as an outboard rig.
Where's the sweet spot for a set and forget rig.
User avatar
garyb
Moderator
Posts: 23474
Joined: Sun Apr 15, 2001 4:00 pm
Location: ghetto by the sea

Re: New behaviour

Post by garyb »

it's just a snap diagnosis, but i would expect capacitors to be failing, specifically the large filter caps all around the board.

the first thing to try is to clean the card's contacts with 99% pure or better(not less!) alcohol, or a good commercial contact cleaner.

if the cleaning doesn't help then a good tech who can do surface-mount soldering can replace the caps. dynamixii here on these forums offers that service. here's a link to the thread:
viewtopic.php?p=354291#p354291
Chilliman
Posts: 60
Joined: Fri Nov 24, 2017 5:13 pm

Re: New behaviour

Post by Chilliman »

Thanks Gary.
fidox
Posts: 875
Joined: Sun Aug 17, 2003 4:00 pm
Location: Slovenia
Contact:

Re: New behaviour

Post by fidox »

Something like this ?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Chilliman
Posts: 60
Joined: Fri Nov 24, 2017 5:13 pm

Re: New behaviour

Post by Chilliman »

Yes, like that
fidox
Posts: 875
Joined: Sun Aug 17, 2003 4:00 pm
Location: Slovenia
Contact:

Re: New behaviour

Post by fidox »

Chilliman wrote: Sun Apr 05, 2026 2:35 am Yes, like that
I’m still waiting on my two cards, 2 x Pulsar XTC.
I gave them to someone I know who does repairs, but he's really busy, so it’s likely going to take a while.
I have to settle for my current setup for now, 2 x Luna II, but somehow I can manage for now :D
Post Reply