I have read some post in the "scope purchasing" that show that people do not know how to determine for sure if they have Board of generation I or II.
The easier way to determine for sure wether it is I or II is the ulli and samplerate it can deal with.
Board I lowest latency is line 2 (from bottom), whereas all latencies are available with a board II. Also Board I cannot do 96 khz sampling. There are also other differences, but harder to quantify, or not essential ones.
In the pictures, "board I & II " refer to board of generation 1 and generation 2. generation 1 was released in 1998 and replaced by generation 2 in year (... 2000 ? not sure ).
PS, a little mistake in the ulli picture: a board I cannot do 96khz (it can do 32/44/48 only i think).
Determining wether you have a board generation I or II
- spacef
- Posts: 3417
- Joined: Sun Jun 17, 2001 4:00 pm
- Contact:
Determining wether you have a board generation I or II
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by spacef on Fri May 04, 2007 4:26 pm, edited 4 times in total.
- Shroomz~>
- Posts: 5669
- Joined: Wed Feb 23, 2005 4:00 pm
- Location: The Blue Shadows
- Shroomz~>
- Posts: 5669
- Joined: Wed Feb 23, 2005 4:00 pm
- Location: The Blue Shadows
That's what I thought the case was from what I've read on PlanetZ. It's been mentioned around the forum as working that way quite often, but I don't quite follow why the 15th all of a sudden wasn't needed. Further to that, our new 14dsp card bought from CW just before Xmas seems to think that it has 15 dsps ...
Anyway, I just thought it was worth mentioning that there might have been more than 2 generations of board. At least it would look that way to me.
Anyway, I just thought it was worth mentioning that there might have been more than 2 generations of board. At least it would look that way to me.
- spacef
- Posts: 3417
- Joined: Sun Jun 17, 2001 4:00 pm
- Contact:
Shroomz wrote:That's what I thought the case was from what I've read on PlanetZ. It's been mentioned around the forum as working that way quite often, but I don't quite follow why the 15th all of a sudden wasn't needed. Further to that, our new 14dsp card bought from CW just before Xmas seems to think that it has 15 dsps ...![]()
Anyway, I just thought it was worth mentioning that there might have been more than 2 generations of board. At least it would look that way to me.
I think ALL boards (scope/srb) have 15 dsp (the number 15 will be displayed in the dsp meter, but only 14 individual dsp meters are showed - even for cards with 14 physical dsps). In fact i heard of no board with 14 dsps displayed on the dsp meter (all of them will report 15 dsps (or 30 or 45 if you chain them) and all of them will show 14 individual dsp meters (or 28 or 42)... that's what i noticed on various setups i have been able to manipulate.
But i do not know all cards neither... so may be there are other versions.
Last edited by spacef on Tue May 08, 2007 3:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
- Shroomz~>
- Posts: 5669
- Joined: Wed Feb 23, 2005 4:00 pm
- Location: The Blue Shadows
Our card also has 14 physical chips, but it's an srb so maybe that's why it's minus a chip? Strange if it's only the 2nd gen srbs with 14, as I thought the only difference between the srb & pro board (apart from software) was the I/O plate.
Stardust, I counted the chips as it slid out of the new Scope packaging for the first time
Anyway, SFP thinks it has 15 chips, but it most certainly only has 14.
Stardust, I counted the chips as it slid out of the new Scope packaging for the first time
Anyway, SFP thinks it has 15 chips, but it most certainly only has 14.