just found a cool freeware(?)called jv16 powertools to get rid of unneeded registry entries.works fine under XP and WIN98lite. seems to be an update of regcleaner.
http://www.vtoy.fi/jv16/shtml/powertools.shtml
or http://www.jv16.org/
registry cleaning
- at0m
- Posts: 4744
- Joined: Sat Jun 30, 2001 4:00 pm
- Location: Bubble Metropolis
- Contact:
i ran into big trouble a couple of times using these registry cleaners. make good backups before you experiment with that. make sure ya know what yer doin'.
more has been done with less
https://soundcloud.com/at0m-studio
https://soundcloud.com/at0m-studio
- paulrmartin
- Posts: 2445
- Joined: Sun May 20, 2001 4:00 pm
- Location: Montreal, Canada
- at0m
- Posts: 4744
- Joined: Sat Jun 30, 2001 4:00 pm
- Location: Bubble Metropolis
- Contact:
-
subhuman
- Posts: 2573
- Joined: Thu Mar 29, 2001 4:00 pm
- Location: Galaxy Inside
And for more safety, it is better to use Microsoft's own <a href=http://download.cnet.com/downloads/0-10 ... >Microsoft RegClean</a>.
- at0m
- Posts: 4744
- Joined: Sat Jun 30, 2001 4:00 pm
- Location: Bubble Metropolis
- Contact:
-
ohmelas
- Posts: 202
- Joined: Sat Jul 28, 2001 4:00 pm
- Location: Milwaukee, WI USA
- Contact:
I've been using Ontrak's Fix It Utilities and it seems to work okay. I've got a ton of plug-ins that I've installed on my system and deinstalled so there are a lot of entries in the system and this program:
http://www.ontrack.com/fixit/
has done wonders to keep my system decent. I hope that this helps. This program is pretty cool at letting you know about loose things but as everyone else has mentioned be careful and back up your stuff
http://www.ontrack.com/fixit/
has done wonders to keep my system decent. I hope that this helps. This program is pretty cool at letting you know about loose things but as everyone else has mentioned be careful and back up your stuff