Page 1 of 1

A16u Faulty Power Button

Posted: Tue Oct 28, 2025 5:59 am
by Refrochia
Hi All

The power button on one of my A16u's is very flaky and this results in it switching off randomly and at the slightest touch.

Does anybody know of a suitable replacement part? Getting to the back of my rack to disconnect all the cables is a huge challenge so I'd rather have the replacement part ready to install before I do this otherwise my rig will be out of action for a while as this is my main A16 that I have connected to speakers.

Thanks
R

Re: A16u Faulty Power Button

Posted: Tue Oct 28, 2025 6:17 am
by astroman
Try to fix the button so it’s locked in a permanent on-position.
Then add a switchable power socket for the PSU.

Re: A16u Faulty Power Button

Posted: Tue Oct 28, 2025 6:03 pm
by valis
Contact Sonic|Core support, they may have a part number you can reference.

Re: A16u Faulty Power Button

Posted: Thu Nov 06, 2025 11:18 am
by Refrochia
Thanks for the replies. I've already tried contacting Sonic|Core but their contact form on the website didn't work so I emailed [email protected] early last week. No response as of yet so I'll sit tight. Its not urgent as its working for the most part, just annoying that's all

Re: A16u Faulty Power Button

Posted: Thu Nov 06, 2025 12:19 pm
by valis
GaryB will respond soon I am sure

Re: A16u Faulty Power Button

Posted: Thu Nov 06, 2025 8:02 pm
by garyb
the A16 line is owned by Ferrofish.
they used to repair the Ultra, but i don't think they do anymore.

Re: A16u Faulty Power Button

Posted: Thu Jun 04, 2026 3:43 am
by pdistefano
Fwiw a few years ago (2022) Ferrofish repaired a couple of A16 ultras for me….”Klaus” and “Matthias” were the personnel from memory