Page 1 of 1
IK multimedia ARC X crashed scope
Posted: Sun Dec 14, 2025 1:21 am
by bosone
I got IK ARC-X during th elast mega bundle sale
the problem is that when I load it standalone (required to a first setup) windows 10 crashes and it says there is an error in Scope.sys (or similar, something related to scope).
I have tried everything, remove ASIO from SFP, close SFP, reinstall ARX, reinstall SPF... nothing worked.
anyone got the same problem?
the VST version is loading, but it is useless since it needs a profile made with the standalone version...
Re: IK multimedia ARC X crashed scope
Posted: Sun Dec 14, 2025 4:54 am
by Bud Weiser
ALL IK Multimedia applications as also "plugins" when running standalone crash SCOPE and Windows w/ BSOD.
Also some hosts and other manufacturer´s apps/plugins do.
Reaper doesn´t.
It´s the SCOPE (ASIO) driver being installed and has nothing to do w/ ASIO being present in a SCOPE project or not.
Happens here Win 7 Pro SP1 and Win 10 Pro, both 64Bit.
Cannot test 32Bit ´cause these apps and plugins don´t support 32Bit anymore.
Re: IK multimedia ARC X crashed scope
Posted: Sun Dec 14, 2025 5:20 am
by valis
Yes, typically happens when they query all installed drivers, and don't have a method to suppress loading audio engine while loading (like holding shift in Logic years ago on Windows and on current Mac) and setting the specific settings you want before loading driver. The specific BSOD for each application would be very useful, even if it's a phone camera shot of the screen and hand transcription. We need to add these to a crashlist for a community effort to fix them (more on that soon).
Re: IK multimedia ARC X crashed scope
Posted: Sun Dec 14, 2025 5:28 am
by bosone
Thanks for the update, i was not aware of this problem
Thinknig about it, i remember also problems in the past with IK amplitube, but I never used it as standalone so it was not an issue for me.
ARC-X, instead, is unusable if it does not open standalone.
I also look at windows registry and ARC-X directory to look for specific driver settings, but i did not find anything useful.
I have also written about the issue on IK forum
https://forum.ikmultimedia.com/viewtopi ... 26#p181526
Re: IK multimedia ARC X crashed scope
Posted: Sun Dec 14, 2025 7:23 am
by sunmachine
Maybe try to temporarily disable SCOPE in the device manager? Or did you do this already?
Re: IK multimedia ARC X crashed scope
Posted: Sun Dec 14, 2025 8:11 am
by bosone
No i dis not tried It
I Just closed the sfp program
Re: IK multimedia ARC X crashed scope
Posted: Sun Apr 05, 2026 2:48 am
by Chilliman
If it won't work with scope, you're gonna need another audio interface to get it up and running anyway. The Arc x software is gonna need a phantom powered mic pre that works to do the measurements in the first place. Bag yourself one of those Behringer umc jobs off eBay for 20ish quid/dollars/euros etc for things like this. Just disable scope in device manager and use your cheap "burner" usb interface for awkward, non scope friendly tasks.
Arc is really good, I've been using the arc studio standalone box for a while now.
With some room treatment and the arc studio, my room is actually passable as a mix environment.
Re: IK multimedia ARC X crashed scope
Posted: Sat Aug 01, 2026 3:16 am
by bosone
Hello again!
i have more problems with asio scope drivers.
I have recently got a dj controller and i'm trying standalone dj softwares: Djuiced (the official one) and Mixxx (freeware)
when I open both of them, i got the same scope.sys asio error i get with IKM Arc-X.
It's weird because Cakewalk Sonar and, the standalone Native Instruments softwares, IK ones (amplitube, tonex...), EW OPUS, Toontrack ezpiano does not crash and work properly.
I have even tried to replace the asio-32 source/dest (multichannel I/O) with the ASIO-1 modules in SFP without success.
I will soon publish the BSOD image and will contact Sonic Core about this, it's quite annoying and it must have to do with something related to S|C ASIO drivers...
Re: IK multimedia ARC X crashed scope
Posted: Sat Aug 01, 2026 8:48 am
by garyb
it is known that some programs access the driver in a way that Scope cannot respond to. it is a problem with the driver, but only because of the way that many programs have decided to impliment the ASIO protocol. it's a 64bit problem. hopefully, we'll get a new driver. you can use other programs to bridge the gap. there has been a lot of discussion about this.
Re: IK multimedia ARC X crashed scope
Posted: Sat Aug 01, 2026 9:15 am
by bosone
Thanks I'll look around
To which other programs do you refer?
Re: IK multimedia ARC X crashed scope
Posted: Sun Aug 02, 2026 1:19 am
by garyb
programs that can distrivute ASIO like VoiceMeeter or Reaper...
Re: IK multimedia ARC X crashed scope
Posted: Sun Aug 02, 2026 3:42 am
by Bud Weiser
garyb wrote: Sat Aug 01, 2026 8:48 am
...Scope ... it is a problem with the driver, but only because of the way that many programs have decided to impliment the ASIO protocol. it's a 64bit problem.
Wow,- I always thought there´s an ASIO "standard".
Where does the "freedom" to implement stuff different come from?
How to know WHO implemented the ASIO "standard" correct then?
Bud
Re: IK multimedia ARC X crashed scope
Posted: Sun Aug 02, 2026 5:12 am
by nebelfuerst
I experienced the same incompatibilities on linux.
The more features an audiocard offers, the more problems show up.
In my case I got an clicking sound due some doublebuffering feature of an RME card, which DAW couldn't handle. (Alsa and Jack)
Audacity worked flawless with this card on linux. (BTW: On windows Audacity (Asio) gives a BSOD with scope, so there is no general rule.)
Re: IK multimedia ARC X crashed scope
Posted: Sun Aug 02, 2026 6:11 am
by Bud Weiser
For Audacity and on all of my windows machines, I only see MME, Windows Direct Sound and Windoes WASAPI as options,- no ASIO at all.
I know there was an older Audacity version inofficially offering ASIO, but I´d call it "own risk" using it.
RME,- I´m using old Hammerfall 9652 (PC) and 9636 (MAC) PCI cards, Babyface USB and Raydat PCIe w/o any problems since decades.
The double buffering is standard for RME USB interfaces.
I still use a Steinberg (ESi) VSL2020 in an old WinXP 32Bit machine and there are also no issues regardless which software.
I don´t think it makes a lot of sense always searching for excuses and workarounds for serious issues.
An ASIO driver should simply work w/ EVERY ASIO application.
Features:
All of the RME features like Totalmix FX mixer, audio routings and effects run on their hardware DSP(s) and I don´t think these have any impact on how their ASIO driver generally works together w/ other ASIO compatible applications.
I don´t know any DAW software not working flawlessly w/ RME drivers on Windows or Mac.
Linux is special anyway.
Kernel moght be always the same, but there are many distributions and most virtual instruments, VST, VSTi and AU devices we usually use on Windows and/or MacOS don´t run natively on Linux and require additional installations like WINe and such.
Not a good example and comparison IMO.
I really wish SCOPE ASIO driver update would be on par with and multiclient like RME !
I understand (by Steinberg ?) inadequate ASIO standardisation might cause ASIO driver issues.
That´s only my guess, but I can imagine because VST3 "standard" is also just only a wish since many plugins don´t fullfil the theoretical standard and not enough,- some VST3 are simply VST2 in a VST3 wrapper and so on.
I also observe different CLAP implementation for Windows which is a big disappointment, last but noz least because I hoped for better plugins as an replacement for incomplete VST3.
Anyway, I learned digital technology is lots of promises in 1st place and it will never work perfect ´til I die.
Bud
Re: IK multimedia ARC X crashed scope
Posted: Mon Aug 03, 2026 5:18 am
by bosone
I tried the workaround but i can't figure out how to make them work
I had another idea: what if i install ASIO for ALL drivers?? can i couple them to the scope wave source/dest ? does they conflict with the standard scope asio?
Re: IK multimedia ARC X crashed scope
Posted: Mon Aug 03, 2026 8:42 am
by Bud Weiser
won´t work, I fear ...
Re: IK multimedia ARC X crashed scope
Posted: Mon Aug 03, 2026 8:47 am
by bosone
in fact it's not working, i'm trying right now and ASIO4ALL scope gives an undefined error and it wont' play anything
Re: IK multimedia ARC X crashed scope
Posted: Mon Aug 03, 2026 10:24 am
by astroman
Iirc Asio4All needs a working WDM-driver, which Scope Wave source/destination simply aren‘t. (afaik)

Re: IK multimedia ARC X crashed scope
Posted: Mon Aug 03, 2026 1:50 pm
by valis
Rearoute from Reaper and a few other solutions will sit in "between" the ASIO driver for SCope and your app, but they increase latency and potentially instability. I route my Dj software into Scope via ADAT from a Komplete Audio 6 or a Serato Interface (depending on Traktor or Serato)
Re: IK multimedia ARC X crashed scope
Posted: Mon Aug 03, 2026 1:58 pm
by astroman
Seconded. ADAT is (still) the most reliable medium for Scope I/O