Page 1 of 1

Scope 5.1 Ableton 12 - no ASIO under W10

Posted: Wed Jan 21, 2026 9:54 am
by Nebukadneser
So I decided to get my old collection of Scope cards out of the DAW built in 2008(!). I bougth 2 second hand desktop PCs, one with an ASUS H310 Prime main board, and another with a MSI Z97 Gaming 3. Both with mediocre i5 processors. The MSI one got my Luna II, a Pulsar II and a Z-link box. The H310 got a Pulsar II and a 6 DSP rocket booster.

The installation seems to be fine on the H310 that runs Windows 11 and Scope 7. The ASIO driver is found and recognised by Ableton Live 12 which is the DAW I use. Tested and sounds fine.

The MSI runs Scope 5.1 under Windows 10. Here the ASIO drivers (the modules in my project window are ASIO 2) are not recognised by Ableton. It works under Ableton 9, but 11 and 12 fails to see the driver and returns a message saying that I have not inluded asio modules (which I definately have).

I did install Scope 5.1 with driver signing disabled, as advised by many here at Z.

Is the combination of WIN 10 and Scope 5.1 supposed to work, or do I have to buy Scope 7? I am hesitant to buying Scope 7 if i risk having the same issue again, Ableton not finding the ASIO drivers.

Any advise?

But, hey! It is amazing that these cards still work and that the synths and modular still sound so fresh that they highten the sound quality of an Ableton 12 production environment!

Neb
Norway

Re: Scope 5.1 Ableton 12 - no ASIO under W10

Posted: Wed Jan 21, 2026 3:22 pm
by valis
Did you run Ableton in Administrator mode and see if the driver shows up that way?

Re: Scope 5.1 Ableton 12 - no ASIO under W10

Posted: Fri Jan 23, 2026 4:09 am
by Nebukadneser
Thanks for the tip! I trided, but without success. The same message appeared again. It bay be a driver signing issue. I noticed that all DSPs for the 2 cards were registered in the DSP meter in Scope, but the activity was 0 on all chips. This worked fine immediately after installation of Scope 5.1 - I did the procedure of deactivating driver signing. Maybe it is a Win 10 issue and that the drivers are someway de activated upon next boot?

To check things, I deactivated the PII and kept only Luna 2 running. The thing that puzzles me is that Ableton 9 sees the asio drivers and produces sound. Not so with Ableton 12.

I may ask for a demo version of Scope 7.

Neb

Re: Scope 5.1 Ableton 12 - no ASIO under W10

Posted: Fri Jan 23, 2026 5:24 pm
by valis
There will be a Scope 8 beta soon, I'm busy assembling all of the necessary info as we speak.