Page 1 of 1

New behaviour

Posted: Sun Mar 08, 2026 8:26 am
by Chilliman
Something started happening a few months ago.
Whenever I close a project in cubase, my scope v7 has a benny. My scope system is 3 cards in an old pc and only talks to my main production pc via adat.
The only thing it gets from it really is clock.
Says timeout on DPS no (then gives a number that isn't a consistent one, dps1, dsp9 etc)
Anyone know this issue?
Also wanted to ask, having looked at the pc thread and not really seeing an answer I need, what is a good 3 PCI slot motherboard/CPU combo I can use just to run scope as a sidecar rig? Not looking for using scope as a soundcard again or any asio, just lightpipe and midi as an outboard rig.
Where's the sweet spot for a set and forget rig.

Re: New behaviour

Posted: Sun Mar 08, 2026 10:24 am
by garyb
it's just a snap diagnosis, but i would expect capacitors to be failing, specifically the large filter caps all around the board.

the first thing to try is to clean the card's contacts with 99% pure or better(not less!) alcohol, or a good commercial contact cleaner.

if the cleaning doesn't help then a good tech who can do surface-mount soldering can replace the caps. dynamixii here on these forums offers that service. here's a link to the thread:
viewtopic.php?p=354291#p354291

Re: New behaviour

Posted: Sun Mar 08, 2026 12:29 pm
by Chilliman
Thanks Gary.

Re: New behaviour

Posted: Tue Mar 10, 2026 10:09 pm
by fidox
Something like this ?

Re: New behaviour

Posted: Sun Apr 05, 2026 2:35 am
by Chilliman
Yes, like that

Re: New behaviour

Posted: Sun Apr 05, 2026 12:42 pm
by fidox
Chilliman wrote: Sun Apr 05, 2026 2:35 am Yes, like that
I’m still waiting on my two cards, 2 x Pulsar XTC.
I gave them to someone I know who does repairs, but he's really busy, so it’s likely going to take a while.
I have to settle for my current setup for now, 2 x Luna II, but somehow I can manage for now :D