Page 1 of 1
A modern motherboard that fully supports PULSAR II
Posted: Wed Apr 08, 2026 11:58 am
by Chthonian
After many years I managed to buy a new pc, and after much researching I found this fully working setup for PULSAR II.
ASUS PRO H610M-C D4 . Supports socket 1700, supports 12th, 13th, 14th generation, has a PCI slot that works flawlessly with pulsar II cards.
32gb DDR4, I5 12400, NO PROBLEM WITH NVIDIA RTX3060, IRQ is automatic and not shared with other devices, of course you must switch off all unnecessary ports (com1 com2 parallel hq audio) and some other optimizations.
space is not much on the board, since it is MICRO ATX which is a bummer, but it has been stress tested, and works perfectly. its PCI/PCIe controller goes well with the board
Re: A modern motherboard that fully supports PULSAR II
Posted: Fri Apr 10, 2026 12:24 pm
by valis
Thanks for offering your experiences. Moving this thread to "Tech Talk" but out of deference to other users and the trickle of information these days I'll leave the shadow topic in "General Scope Discussion" too.
Re: A modern motherboard that fully supports PULSAR II
Posted: Sat Apr 11, 2026 4:17 pm
by yayajohn
Good info! Please do a masterverb test and post the results
Thanks!
Re: A modern motherboard that fully supports PULSAR II
Posted: Fri May 01, 2026 5:21 pm
by Music Manic
That’s useful info thanks. Only one PCI slot but keeps card alive. Is it faster than the MSI H170 Gaming M3 Motherboard which has 3 PCIs?
Re: A modern motherboard that fully supports PULSAR II
Posted: Mon May 18, 2026 8:56 pm
by pdistefano
@Chthonian this is encouraging.....interested to know whether you tested as purely standalone or utilising ASIO / with a DAW.....
Re: A modern motherboard that fully supports PULSAR II
Posted: Tue May 19, 2026 2:33 am
by Music Manic
Chthonian wrote: Wed Apr 08, 2026 11:58 am
After many years I managed to buy a new pc, and after much researching I found this fully working setup for PULSAR II.
ASUS PRO H610M-C D4 . Supports socket 1700, supports 12th, 13th, 14th generation, has a PCI slot that works flawlessly with pulsar II cards.
32gb DDR4, I5 12400, NO PROBLEM WITH NVIDIA RTX3060, IRQ is automatic and not shared with other devices, of course you must switch off all unnecessary ports (com1 com2 parallel hq audio) and some other optimizations.
space is not much on the board, since it is MICRO ATX which is a bummer, but it has been stress tested, and works perfectly. its PCI/PCIe controller goes well with the board
That’s ideal that it can support such powerful CPUs. Ok only one PCI connector but I can dedicate that to use for my digital connections. Ok I want have many DSPs as compared to the 3 card setup but the speed will help with the speed required by todays DAWs
Re: A modern motherboard that fully supports PULSAR II
Posted: Tue May 19, 2026 12:29 pm
by Chthonian
I can confirm the system is working rock solid in my studio. zero problems so far.
Re: A modern motherboard that fully supports PULSAR II
Posted: Sat May 23, 2026 2:12 pm
by Music Manic
Chthonian wrote: Tue May 19, 2026 12:29 pm
I can confirm the system is working rock solid in my studio. zero problems so far.
Are you using the Intel Core i5-14500
Re: A modern motherboard that fully supports PULSAR II
Posted: Mon May 25, 2026 9:04 pm
by Chthonian
Music Manic wrote: Sat May 23, 2026 2:12 pm
Chthonian wrote: Tue May 19, 2026 12:29 pm
I can confirm the system is working rock solid in my studio. zero problems so far.
Are you using the Intel Core i5-14500
I am using an i5 12400