Page 1 of 1

Scope/XITE VC Redist runtime error

Posted: Wed Apr 22, 2026 7:50 am
by Bud Weiser
Hello !

Which VC redist files does Scope v7 x64 need ?

Out of the blue, I get an error message (incl. some cryptic text) when loading stock Scope/XITE v7 (64Bit) stereo FX into my project window,- p.ex. Ringmodulator S or Flanger S.

I´m working w/ this rig and Scope setup since a long time and have never recognized before.
Do I have to install Scope/XITE v7 x64 all new ?
IIRC, the installer installed the correct VC Redistributable at 1st install already,- so maybe it´s corrupted (?) ...

Any chance to repair w/o complete Scope re-install ?

System:
Lenovo W54 2.5GHz Intel i7 MQ, 32GB RAM, 500GB & 1TB Crucial MX500 SSD, Win10 Pro 64Bit.

Gets no MS updates since some time and latest update I performed was .NET 8.0.26 and it has the latest MS VCredist x64 (and x86) v14.44.35211.0 installed.
Also Tech Power Up Visual-C-Runtimes-All-in-One-Jul-2025, including VC_Redist runtime packages for Visual C++ 2005, 2008, 2010, 2012, 2013, 2015, 2017, 2019, 2021 and 2022 are installed. Both 32-bit and 64-bit are supported

Every advice appreciated !

thx in advance

:)

Bud

Re: Scope/XITE VC Redist runtime error

Posted: Thu Apr 23, 2026 5:06 am
by yayajohn
Hey Bud if you run the installer over the existing one it will not overwrite your settings(but back up just in case)
You will have to adjust your appearance settings after the install specifically where certain things are placed on your screen but your startup modules will stay intact.
I do it occasionally when winblows screws it up. It should ask if you want to repair or uninstall VC.
Repair should fix it nicely.

Cheers

Dan

Re: Scope/XITE VC Redist runtime error

Posted: Thu Apr 23, 2026 7:23 am
by Bud Weiser
yayajohn wrote: Thu Apr 23, 2026 5:06 am Hey Bud if you run the installer over the existing one it will not overwrite your settings(but back up just in case)
You will have to adjust your appearance settings after the install specifically where certain things are placed on your screen but your startup modules will stay intact.
I do it occasionally when winblows screws it up. It should ask if you want to repair or uninstall VC.
Repair should fix it nicely.

Cheers

Dan
Thank you Dan, great advice and I will try tonite !

Edit:

I´ve found out the issue happens w/ every FX, stereo, mono or surround I drag into the project window,- but surprisingly NOT w/ every synth, stock or 3rd party, any modular or mixers.
How can that be when a VC redist file is missing or corrupted.
The installer didn´t ask for a VC redist file repair and all the runtimes are installed beginning 2005 and incl. the very latest.
The laptop itself works flawlessly w/ Reaper and native plugins and only other host and VIs running standalone get problems w/ SCOPE ASIO,- so the workaround is using Reaper as the host always.
But the isue also happens when Reaper, native plugins and SCOPE ASIO aren´t running at all.

It´s very weird and I´ll install SCOPE v7 now from scratch just only for more investigation.


:)

Bud